In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holliscroft like this:
HOLLISCROFT, a chapelry in Sheffield parish, and within Sheffield borough, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1846; and its post town is Sheffield. Pop. in 1861, 6, 229. Houses, 1, 257. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £300.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Archbishop. A new church was built in 1861, at a cost of £3, 500; is in the decorated English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with tower and vestry.
The location is that of the former St Luke's church, Hollis Croft, on the corner of Solly Street and Garden Street in central Sheffield; the church closed in 1938 and was subsequently demolished (see http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=694495, accessed 17 Oct 2011). Additional information about this locality is available for Sheffield
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Holliscroft has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sheffield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Holliscroft and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holliscroft, in Sheffield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Holliscroft".