In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harley Wood like this:
HARLEY-WOOD, a chapelry in Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire; constituted in 1864. Pop., 7,078. The living is a vicarage. Value, £300.
The location is where the name "Harley Wood" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Todmorden
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harley Wood has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Calderdale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harley Wood and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harley Wood, in Calderdale and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harley Wood".