In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Armitage Bridge like this:
ARMITAGE-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Almondbury parish, near Huddersfield, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1848. Pop., 2,455. Houses, 561. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £196.* Patrons, the Vicar of Almondbury and J. Brooke, Esq.
Additional information about this locality is available for Almondbury
Armitage Bridge is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Armitage Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Armitage Bridge, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Armitage Bridge ".