Place:


Astwood  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Astwood like this:

ASTWOOD, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the verge of the county, 5½ miles ENE of Newport-Pagnell, and 7 N of Ridgmount r. station. Post Town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,259. Real property, £1,880. Pop., 247. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Astwood through time

Astwood is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Astwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Astwood, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2540

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Astwood ".