In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanybri like this:
LLANYBREE, a chapelry, with a village, in Llanstephan parish, Carmarthen; on the river Towy, opposite Ferryside r. station, and 3¼ miles E of Langharne. Post town, Laugharne, under St. Clears. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £150.* Patron, Miss Lloyd.
Additional information about this locality is available for Llansteffan
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanybri has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanybri and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanybri in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanybri".