In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cilhernin like this:
KILHORNIN, a place on the W border of Carmarthenshire; near Llanboidy, 13 miles W by N of Carmarthen. A cromlech is here, consisting of a stone 30 feet in circuit, supported by four other stones.
Additional information about this locality is available for Llanboidy
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cilhernin has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cilhernin and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cilhernin in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cilhernin".