In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodedern like this:
BODEDERN, a village and a parish in the district and county of Anglesey. The village stands 3 miles ENE of Valley r. station, and 6 ½ E by S of Holyhead; and has a post office under Bangor. It takes its name from Edern or Edeyrn, a bard of the 7th century, who resided at it; and it is a seat of petty sessions, and has fairs on 13 March, 16 April, 5 May, 9 June, Whit-Tuesday, 16 Aug., 14 Sept., and 1 and 22 Oct.The parish comprises 4,235 acres. Real property, £4,183. Pop., 1,084. ...
Houses, 240. The property is divided among a few. Presaddfed is an old mansion, once the residence of Sir John Bulkeley. A well-preserved cromlech is near this mansion. The spinning of yarn is carried on in two mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £104.* Patron, Jesus College, Oxford. The church is ancient, and very good; and contains tombs of the families of Presaddfed and Trejorweth. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, Calvinistic Methodists, and Wesleyans. Charities, £19.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bodedern has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bodedern and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodedern in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bodedern".