In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbey Hulton like this:
ABBEY-HULTON, a lordship in Burslem parish, Stafford; near Burslem r. station. It contains the hamlets of Milton and Sneyd-green; and has remains of a Cistertian Abbey, founded in 1223 by Henry de Audley. Pop., 726. Houses, 145.
The location is that of the site of Hulton Abbey, as marked on the modern 1:25,000 map, and is about half a mile to the north of where the name "Abbey Hulton" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Abbey Hulton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stoke on Trent. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Abbey Hulton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abbey Hulton, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Abbey Hulton".