In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Bury like this:
BURY (New), a chapelry in Deane parish, Lancashire; 4 miles SE of Bolton. Pop., about £4,000. Living, a vicarage. The church was built in 1866. See Kersley.
Additional information about this locality is available for Farnworth
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing New Bury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bolton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering New Bury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Bury, in Bolton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "New Bury".