In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littledale like this:
LITTLEDALE, a hamlet-chapelry in Caton-with-Littledale township, Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on an affluent of the river Lune, 2½ miles SSE of Caton r. station, and 6 E by N of Lancaster. Post town, Caton, under Lancaster. Rated property, £1,043. Pop., 93. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £48. Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was built in 1755. There is a dissenting chapel.
Additional information about this locality is available for Caton
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Littledale has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Lancaster. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Littledale and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littledale, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Littledale".