In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Devils Bridge like this:
DEVIL'S-BRIDGE, or Pont-y-Mynach, a place on the river Mynach, near its confluence with the Rheidol, 12 miles E by S of Aberystwith, in Cardigan. It has a post office under Aberystwith, and an inn; and takes its name from a wondrous bridge across a romantic chasm, traversed by the river. The bridge is double, lower and upper; the lower one built in the 11th or 12th century, and now a mere curve of rude masonry; the upper one built in 1753, with a span of 30 feet, at a height of 114 feet above the stream. The chasm is upwards of a mile long; and the Mynach while traversing it, in the part above the bridge, makes four falls respectively 18, 60, 20, and 110 feet deep. A famous fall of the Rheidol also is near.
Additional information about this locality is available for Cwmrheidol
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Devils Bridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Devils Bridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Devils Bridge, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Devils Bridge".