In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunton like this:
DUNTON, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; adjacent to the boundary with Herts and Cambridge, 3½ miles ESE of Biggleswade town and r. station. It contains Millo and Newtown; and its post town is Biggleswade. Acres, 2, 840. Real property, £3, 090. Pop., 518. Houses, 105. The property is subdivided. Dunton lodge is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £120. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a national school, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dunton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Bedfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dunton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunton in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dunton".