In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harlington like this:
HARLINGTON, a parish, with a r. station, in Woburn district, Beds; on the Midland railway, 5¾ miles S of Ampthill. Post-town, Toddington, under Dunstable. acres, 1,815. Real property, £3,775. Pop., 529. Gouses, 108. The property is not much divided. Woodend was the seat of the Astrey family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £143. * Patron, Major C. Cooper. The church is decorated English; and consists of nave and chancel, with an embattled tower. Charities, £9.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harlington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mid Bedfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harlington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harlington in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harlington".