In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Guston like this:
GUSTON, a parish in Dover district, Kent; 2½ miles E by N of Ewell r. station, and 2½ N of Dover. Posttown, Dover. Acres, 1, 421; of which 20 are water. Real property, £2, 554. Pop., 436. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury; and was annexed in 1868 to the vicarage of River. The church is Norman; has three windows at the west end; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Guston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Dover. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Guston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Guston, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Guston".