In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Choppington like this:
CHOPPINGTON, a township and a chapelry in Bedlington parish, Northumberland. The township lies on the river Wansbeck, and on the Morpeth and Blyth railway, 3¼ miles ESE of Morpeth; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Morpeth. The chapelry was constituted in 1862. Pop. . about 3, 000. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value, £200. The church was built in 1867, at a cost of £1, 950.
Additional information about this locality is available for Bedlington
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Choppington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wansbeck. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Choppington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Choppington, in Wansbeck and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Choppington".