In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Oxendon like this:
OXENDON (Little), a hamlet in Little Bowden parish, Northampton; 2 miles S W of Market-Harborough. Acres, 510. Real property, £902. Pop., 40. The property belongs to T. T. Paget, Esq. Coins, pottery, and tiles were recently excavated; and are supposed to have been inhumed by devastating fire, at the time of thebattle of Naseby.
Additional information about this locality is available for Great Oxendon
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Oxendon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Daventry. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Oxendon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Oxendon, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Oxendon".