Place:


Milford Junction  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milford Junction like this:

MILFORD-JUNCTION, a railway station with telegraph in W. R. Yorkshire; at the intersection of the railway from Leeds to Hull with that from Wakefield to York, 1 4½ miles W of Leeds. It has a head post office.

The location is where the name "Milford Junction" appears on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of Yorkshire of 1892, accessible on the old-maps.co.uk web site. Additional information about this locality is available for South Milford

Milford Junction through time

Milford Junction is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milford Junction itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milford Junction, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24849

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Milford Junction ".