In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newnham Paddox like this:
NEWNHAM-PADDOX, a hamlet in Monks-Kirby parish, Warwick; near Watling-street and the Fosse way, 5½ miles N N W of Rugby. Real property, £1, 530. Newnham-Paddox House has been the seat of the Feildings, Earls of Denbigh, since the time of Henry VI.; is a handsome and commodious mansion, of centre and wings; and contains the dagger with which Villiers Duke of Buckingham was assassinated, and a choice collection of family portraits, works of art, and articles of vertu. The hamlet was formerly called Cold Newnham and Newnham-Parva; and it is a meet for the Atherstone hounds.
Additional information about this locality is available for Monks Kirby
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Newnham Paddox has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rugby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Newnham Paddox and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newnham Paddox, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Newnham Paddox".