In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastover like this:
EASTOVER, a chapelry in Bridgewater parish, Somerset; near Bridgewater town and r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its post town is Bridgewater. Pop., 4, 792. Houses, 899. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is good.
The location is where the name "Eastover" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Bridgwater
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Eastover has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Eastover and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastover, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Eastover".