In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Holland like this:
HOLLAND (NEW), a sea port village in Barrow-uponHumber parish, Lincoln; on the river Humber, and on.he Grimsby and Sheffield Junction railway, opposite Hull, 4 miles E by N of Barton-upon-Humber. It has a station on the railway, a post office under Hull, a steamferry to Hull, a coast guard station, a national school, and a Wesleyan chapel; and the school-room is used as a chapel of ease. The pop., in 1851, was 401, and was then rapidly increasing; but was not separately returned n 1861.
Additional information about this locality is available for Barrow upon Humber
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing New Holland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering New Holland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Holland in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "New Holland".