In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langstone like this:
LANGSTONE, or LLANGSTONE, a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; 1½ mile N by E of Llanwern r. station, and 4¼ E by N of Newport. It contains the hamlet of Llanbeder; and its post-town is Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 1,314. Real property, £1,556. Pop., 212. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £158. Patron, the Rev. C. Gore. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Langstone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Newport. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Langstone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langstone, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langstone".