In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Watercrook like this:
WATERCROOK, the site of the Roman station Concangium in the S of Westmoreland; on the river Kent, 2 miles S of Kendal. Roman altars, inscriptions, urns, bricks, a bath, coins, and other relics have been found.
The location is the building named as Watercrook on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of Westmorland of 1862-3, accessible on the www.old-maps.co.uk site. The Roman site of Concangium is just to the north. Additional information about this locality is available for Natland
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Watercrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Lakeland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Watercrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Watercrook, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Watercrook".