In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pennenden Heath like this:
PENNENDEN-HEATH, a common in Maidstone parish, Kent; 1½ mile N E of Maidstone. It was a place of great Saxon meetings long before the Norman conquest; was the place of the famous assembly, in 1076, atwhich Archbishop Lanfranc pleaded the cause of his church against Odo de Bayeux, Earl of Kent; is the place at which county meetings have been held for centuries; and has a county hall, a small building of someantiquity.
Additional information about this locality is available for Maidstone
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pennenden Heath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Maidstone. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pennenden Heath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pennenden Heath, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pennenden Heath".