In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mosborough like this:
MOSBOROUGH, a village and a township in Eckington parish, Derby. The village stands on high ground, near the river Rother, and the North Midland railway, 7 miles NNE of Chesterfield; occupies the site of a Roman settlement; commands extensive views; and has a post office under Chesterfield. The township includes the village, and extends into the country. Real property, £5,824; of which £1,505 are in mines. Pop., 1,044. Sickles and wood hoop measures are made. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists, and an endowed school with £28 a year.
Additional information about this locality is available for Eckington
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mosborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sheffield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mosborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mosborough, in Sheffield and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mosborough".