In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hessenford like this:
HESSENFORD, a village and a chapelry in St. GerMans parish, Cornwall. The village stands in a deep wooded bottom, on the river Seaton, 3 miles W of St. Germans r. station; and has a fair on May 20. The chapelry was constituted in 1852. Post town, St. Germans, Cornwall. Pop., 963. Houses, 209. The land extends to the coast; and many of the inhabitants are fishermen. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Valuc, £100.* Patron, the Incumbent of St. Germans.
Additional information about this locality is available for St Germans
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hessenford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Caradon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hessenford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hessenford, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hessenford".