In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Dawley like this:
DAWLEY-PARVA, a township-chapelry in Dawley-Magna parish, Salop; on the Shrewsbury canal and the Severn Junction railway, near Lawley-Bank r. station, and 3½ miles SE of Wellington. It has a post office, of the name of Little Dawley, under Wellington. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £3, 550. Pop., 2, 327. Houses, 443, The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.
Additional information about this locality is available for Dawley
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Dawley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Telford and Wrekin. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Dawley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Dawley, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Dawley".