In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mount Hawke like this:
MOUNT-HAWKE, a chapelry in the parishes of St. Agnes and Illogan, Cornwall; near the coast, 2½ miles N by W of Scorrier-Gate r. station, and 4¼ NNE of Redruth. It was constituted in 1846; and it has a postoffice under Scorrier. Pop. in 1861,2,226. Houses, 465. Pop. of the St. Agnes portion, 2,024. Houses, 424. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £130. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
Additional information about this locality is available for St Agnes
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mount Hawke has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carrick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mount Hawke and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mount Hawke, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mount Hawke".