In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishopton like this:
BISHOPTON, a hamlet and a chapelry in Old Stratford parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies adjacent to the Stratford and Avon canal, 2 miles NW of Stratford-on-Avon. Pop., 51.The chapelry is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester; in the patronage of the Vicar of Stratford; the statistics not reported.
Additional information about this locality is available for Stratford on Avon
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bishopton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bishopton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishopton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bishopton".