In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abney Park like this:
ABNEY-PARK, a suburb of London, 3½ miles N of St. Paul's. It has a post office under Stoke-Newington, London N. A mansion on its site was the seat of Sir Thomas Abney and the residence of Dr. Watts; and a cemetery now here has a chapel in the centre, and contains a monument to Dr. Watts.
The location is that of Abney Park cemetery. Additional information about this locality is available for Stoke Newington
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Abney Park has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hackney. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Abney Park and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abney Park, in Hackney and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Abney Park".