In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlton All Saints like this:
CHARLTON, a chapelry in Downton and Standlinch parishes, Wilts; on the river Avon, 4 miles SSE of Salisbury. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post office under Salisbury. Pop., 393. Houses, 74. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Downton.
Additional information about this locality is available for Downton
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Charlton All Saints has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Charlton All Saints and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlton All Saints, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st March 2015
You have reached this page because, for example, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales used the name Charlton to refer to Charlton All Saints.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Charlton ".