In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broad Blunsdon like this:
BLUNSDON (Broad), a chapelry in Highworth parish, Wilts; 3½ miles SE of Cricklade, and 4 N of Swindon r. station. It includes the tything of Bury-Blunsdon; and has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 2,260. Rated property, £2,194. Pop., 806. Houses, 198. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is good.
Additional information about this locality is available for Swindon
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broad Blunsdon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Swindon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broad Blunsdon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broad Blunsdon, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broad Blunsdon".