In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Witton like this:
WITTON, a hamlet in Aston parish, Warwick; 3 miles N of Birmingham. Pop., 126. Houses, 21. A cemetery was opened here in 1863; and has two mortuary chapels, with lofty spires.
Additional information about this locality is available for Aston
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Witton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Birmingham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Witton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Witton, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Witton".