Place:


Tuckingmill  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tuckingmill like this:

TUCKINGMILL, a chapelry in Camborne and Illogan parishes, Cornwall; 1 mile NNE of Camborne r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post-office under Camborne. Pop., 3,769. Houses, 738. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £190. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is not good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Camborne

Tuckingmill through time

Tuckingmill is now part of Kerrier district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kerrier has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tuckingmill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tuckingmill, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24248

Date accessed: 16th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tuckingmill ".