In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penwerris like this:
PENWERRIS, a chapelry in Budock parish, Cornwall; near the Falmouth railway, 2 miles S W of Falmouth. It was constituted in 1848; and its post town is Penryn. Pop., 882. Houses, 164. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of St. Gluvias.
Additional information about this locality is available for Falmouth
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Penwerris has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carrick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Penwerris and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penwerris, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Penwerris".