Place:


Coven  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coven like this:

COVEN, a chapelry in Brewood parish, Stafford; adjacent to the Liverpool canal and the Northwestern railway, 1½ mile SSW of Four-Ashes r. station, and 4¼ N of Wolverhampton. It was constituted in 1858; and it has a post office under Wolverhampton. Acres, 1, 750. Real property, £3, 346. Pop., 766. Houses, 169. Some of the land is heathy. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, 146.* Patron, the Vicar of Brewood.

Additional information about this locality is available for Brewood

Coven through time

Coven is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coven itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coven in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24214

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coven ".