In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Attleborough like this:
ATTLEBOROUGH, a chapelry in Nuneaton parish, Warwick; on the Trent Valley railway and the river Anker, near the Coventry canal, 1 mile S of Nuneaton. It was constituted in 1843. It has a post office under Nuneaton. Real property, £4,539. Pop., 1,392. Houses, 322. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £170.* Patron. the Vicar of Nuneaton. The church was built in 1841, and is in the early English style. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Nuneaton
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Attleborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Nuneaton and Bedworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Attleborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Attleborough, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Attleborough".