In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sneyd like this:
SNEYD, a hamlet and a chapelry in Burslem parish, Stafford. The hamlet adjoins Burslem town, and participates in its industries. Real property, £11,256; of which £6,846 are in mines. Pop., 1,128. Houses, 223. -The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Post town, Burslem, under Stock-on-Trent. Pop., 3,071. Houses, 610. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1852. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sneyd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stoke on Trent. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sneyd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sneyd, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sneyd".