In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cheadle Hulme like this:
CHEADLE-HULME, a chapelry in Cheadle parish, Cheshire; mainly identical with Cheadle-Bulkeley township. It was constituted in 1868; and it has a post office under Stockport, and a r. station. The living is a vicarage. Value, £160. The church was built in 1863, and is in the decorated English style. An Independent chapel was built in 1869.
Additional information about this locality is available for Cheadle
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cheadle Hulme has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stockport. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cheadle Hulme and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cheadle Hulme, in Stockport and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cheadle Hulme".