In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Freehay like this:
FREEHAY, a chapelry in Cheadle parish, Stafford; near Cheadle. It was constituted in 1847; and its post town is Cheadle, under Stafford. Pop., 643. Houses, 148. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £163. Patron, the Rector of Cheadle. The church is recent. There is a national school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Cheadle
Freehay is now part of Staffordshire Moorlands district. Click here for graphs and data of how Staffordshire Moorlands has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Freehay itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Freehay in Staffordshire Moorlands | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Freehay ".