In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Derrington like this:
DERRINGTON, a chapelry in Seighford parish, Staffordshire; 1 mile W of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £30. Patron, the Rev.S. Royds.
Additional information about this locality is available for Stafford
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Derrington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stafford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Derrington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Derrington, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Derrington".