In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henton like this:
HENTON, a hamlet in Wookey parish, and a chapelry partly also in Meare parish, Somerset. The hamlet lies near the Mendip hills, 4 miles W of Wells r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. Post town, Wookey, under Wells, Somerset. Pop., 548. Houses, 128. Pop. of the Wookey portion, 501. Houses, 118. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church was built in 1847. There is a chapel for Bible Christians.
Additional information about this locality is available for Wookey
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Henton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Henton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henton, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Henton".