In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burrowbridge like this:
BURROW-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Stoke-St. Gregory, Bridgewater, Lyng, Middlesoy, North Petherton, Othery, and Weston-Zoyland parishes, Somerset; on the river Parret, 2 miles NW of South Petherton, and 6 S of Langport r. station. Post Town, South Petherton, under Ilminster. Pop., 692. Houses, 144. The chapelry was constituted in 1840. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burrowbridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burrowbridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burrowbridge, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burrowbridge".