In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leighland like this:
LEIGHLAND, a chapelry in Old Cleeve parish, Somerset; 3½ miles S of Old Cleeve village, and 4 W of Stogumber r. station. Post town, Washford, under Taunton. Pop., 500. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £84. Patron, the Vicar of Old Cleeve. The church was recently rebuilt. There is a small free school.
Additional information about this locality is available for Old Cleeve
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Leighland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Leighland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leighland in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leighland".