In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edstaston like this:
EDSTASTON, a chapelry in Wem parish, Salop; on the Crewe and Shrewsbury railway, 2 miles NNE of Wem. It was constituted in 1847; and it has a post office under Shrewsbury. Rated property, £6, 096. Pop., 799. Houses, 175. The property is divided among a few. Edstaston Hall is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of Wem. The church is old but good; and there is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Additional information about this locality is available for Wem
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Edstaston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Edstaston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edstaston in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Edstaston".