In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili like this:
LLANFIHANGEL-UWCH-GWILLY, a chapelry in Abergwilly parish, Carmarthenshire; 5½ miles ENE of Carmarthen r. station. Post town, Abergwilly, under Carmarthen. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £75. Patron, the Vicar of Abergwilly.
Additional information about this locality is available for Abergwili
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili".