In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tytherton Lucas like this:
TYTHERTON-LUCAS, a chapelry in Chippenham parish, Wilts; 2 miles ENE of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 810. Real property, £1,706. Pop., 285. The living is annexed to Chippenham. The Chippenham workhouse is here.
Additional information about this locality is available for Chippenham
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tytherton Lucas has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tytherton Lucas and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tytherton Lucas in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2014
You have reached this page because John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles used the name Chippenham With Tytherton Lucas to refer to Tytherton Lucas.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chippenham with Tytherton Lucas".