In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishopston like this:
BISHOPSTON, a chapelry in Horfield parish, Gloucester. Post Town, Bristol. Statistics, not separately returned. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop. The church is a plain building.
Additional information about this locality is available for Horfield
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bishopston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bristol. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bishopston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishopston, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bishopston".