In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton like this:
EASTON, a chapelry in St. Cuthbert parish, Wells borough, Somerset; 2 miles W of Wells town and r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Wells. Real property, £1, 630. Pop., 259. Houses, 52. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £209. Patron, the Vicar of Wells.
Additional information about this locality is available for Wells
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easton".