In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harlescott like this:
HARLSCOTT, a township in St. Alkmund and St. Mary parishes, Salop; 2 miles N of Shrewsbury. Pop., 69.
Additional information about this locality is available for Shrewsbury
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Harlescott has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Harlescott and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harlescott, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harlescott".