In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glyn Collwyn like this:
GLYN-COLLWYN, a hamlet-chapelry and a glen in the S of Brecon. The chapelry 1ies in the glen, on the Brecon and Merthyr railway, 2½ miles NE of Dolygaer r. station, and 8 NNE of Merthyr-Tydvil; and is in the parish of Llanvigan. Post town, Merthyr-Tydvil. Pop., 342. Houses, 66. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanvigan, in the diocese of St. David's. The glen is overhung by the Brecknock Beacons; is about 6 miles long; and possesses grand scenery.
Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfeugan
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Glyn Collwyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Powys. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Glyn Collwyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glyn Collwyn, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Glyn Collwyn".